Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) was passed to regulate and govern the processing of personal data in a commercial transaction. In compliance of PDPA, FGV is required to manage the personal data collected from the users of FGV’s website.
The user’s personal data may be used for:
- Internal record keeping
- To provide services to the users
- To customize FGV’s website according to the user’s interests
- To enable the users to provide feedbacks to FGV
- To assess user’s job application
- To administer the user’s participation in any contest/programme related to the public organized by FGV
- To better understand the user’s needs as FGV’s customer
- For security and fraud prevention purposes
- For the purposes of inclusion in media engagements and/or any relevant or related events
- For the purposes of us preparing guest invitations, registration and/or sign-ups for our events
- For the purposes of printed and on-line publications
(collectively, “the Purposes”) The user’s personal data will be collected from various on-line forms and links made available during visits to FGV’s website, in which the users may be required to provide the user’s name, company’s name, address, country, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email address.
Kindly be informed that the personal data provided may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to companies within FGV (including the holding company, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies as well as their subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies, both local and international), whether present or future (collectively, “the Group”) or to any third party organizations or persons for the purpose of fulfilling FGV’s obligations to the users in respect of the Purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
In respect of the above, FGV is committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of all personal data provided by the users. It is the user’s obligation to ensure that all personal data submitted are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all aspects. For the avoidance of doubt, FGV will not be responsible for any personal data which are inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and not updated.
Further, FGV may request the user’s assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is made available to FGV and the user hereby agrees to use its best endeavours to do so.
Any personal data retained by FGV shall be destroyed and/or deleted from FGV’s records and system in accordance with FGV’s Document Retention Policy in the event such data is no longer required for the said Purposes, unless the user requests that its personal data be removed and destroyed, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The user hereby declares its consent to the processing of personal data and have read, understood and accepted the terms stated herein.
This website and its content is copyright of FGV Holdings Berhad © 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- The user may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for the user’s personal and non-commercial use only; and
- The user may copy the content to individual third parties for personal use, but only if the user acknowledges the website as the source of the material.
The user may not, except with FGV’s written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content, or transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.